Tuesday, July 09, 2013

A Limon for Shoe

This limon (lime) tree was root bound in a small pot in Shoe's back yard. Rather than let it die unattended I brought it home along with one or two other plants. At that time it was only about 2 feet tall and probably 2-3 years old. I've had it for 2 1/2 years and it's never had fruit.

Now it's about 2 meters tall, I planted it too close to the palapa and it has spines. Was getting ready to cut it back, wrap it up and transplant it in the community jardine. Last night Lorena noticed a few flowers and the small limon so I decided to keep it until it's fruit bearing season is over. In the meantime I'll eat a few of Shoe's limones and think of him.


1 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

And a gesture of kindness it will be.

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange