Thursday, October 30, 2014

Don't change my meter CFE

With all the stories of meters being changed without permission I wasn't gonna take the chance that these "on commission" installers would try to make a few bucks/pesos off my house. Now they are locked  and real official CFE people will at least have to talk to me to get in.

I took measurements of the opening to the large Aluminum place on the highway.  She did send someone out the next morning to measure and explain.  Still the new door was tight and Hugo shaved the bottom edge off and one side piece. Fit's very nicely now. I'll think about silicon.

The first picture is right after Hugo finished yesterday. The second is after I cleaned it up and painted today. I let someone paint the house numbers so I didn't criticize. Now the meters and the numbers are covered by an almond tree so another location is needed anyway.  No more numbers for now.

Yesterday after install

Today after cleanup and paint

CFE is installing Not Very Smart Meters and not always with the owners permission.  The first complaint is that you can only pay at CFE offices.  The second complaint is that you/we have to read it every month with a magic card and go pay at CFE.  The third complaint is you can't pay for six months and go away. This is all about saving CFE money with no meter readers .... but at huge public expense.

Either set up a real smart meter system where it's all automatic or leave it like it has been for years. This is simply a matter of the Government (CFE) screwing the people.

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange