Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Water fix, sugarcane falls and the stars

So much to do and so little time around the house.   Just kidding

I've been watching this water leak for a few months. I thought a leak and others thought just from a drip from the filters above.  It finally had a little stream of water even if ever so slightly.   The ground here swallows water very fast so very easy to miss a small leak.  I vaguely remember the ridged black pipe we were using was just a little short and not flexible for a turn like this.   It lasted a couple years but eventually decided to disconnect. May have been effected (was effected) by settling under the water spout.  

A two day project and more digging than I want.   Had to decide on the flexible hose to make that connection because the rigid black pipe is not flexible and basically brain dead.  20 pesos a meter for the clear stuff, very flexible and as strong as the black stuff.  The weak part are the hose clamps that corrode and become useless. Have a soldered copper solution before or after you install. 

Heard it earlier today but didn't see the sugar cane fall on my banana plant.   Almost time for the sugar cane to go and the banana is OK for awhile

Finally found that my cheap camera on AUTO will try to light adjust and do a time lapse of the stars.   No way can hold steady for 2 seconds or more .... so what these were I don't know.

Google Earth view of my repair 

Cane on my banana

Looking up at Google Earth Sat

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange