Wednesday, November 13, 2013

No work today

Don't expect good services or much work done this afternoon.   Every Mexican I know, at least males, will be glued to the nearest television.  Wonder how many kids will skip school or will they have a TV in the classrooms.   Maybe doesn't mean a lot to you if you're not a soccer fan but high energy games like this are always good.   I know where I'll be.


MEXICO CITY - The time has come, the moment of truth is here. Only two games, 180 minutes to find out if Mexico will participate in next summer’s FIFA World Cup. El Tri begins their last chance playoff against New Zealand.

The first leg match between Mexico and New Zealand is scheduled for tomorrow Wednesday November 13 at 2:30PM local time (12:30PM pacific time) from the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City. With the return leg scheduled for one week later in Wellington, New Zealand.

Mexico find themselves in this position after having failed to finish in the top three of the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Hexagonal. United States, Costa Rica, and Honduras all finished better than El Tri and have their World Cup ticket in hand. As fourth place finishers Mexico are allowed to advance to a last chance playoff series to for one of the few remaining tickets to Brazil 2014.

5 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Finding a taxi to get to the airport may be difficult today. I would prefer to watching it with the guys at the post office.

sparks said...

Them too ... ummhuh

John Calypso said...

I will be watching! Big fan here. I'll buy my worker a few beers and keep him on the clock. VIVA MEXICO!

sparks said...

A couple of neighbors will be over to watch on my flat screen. I gave them my old big-box 28" about a year ago and it just died. Soccer no fun on the small screen they have

Steve Cotton said...

Ooh. An arrow to the heart.

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange