Friday, November 15, 2013

Bed, Bath and a Blonde

Well I can't say I'm blonde any more, not since I was about 10 years old. Now it's white but with the same problem as before, it grows.   I used to go to barbers but because I would move or the barber changed shops I could never get anything consistent or what I wanted.   There were a few years of relief back in the '60's when we hippies let our hair grow but then came the era of having to get a real job.   

That's about when I decided to cut my own hair and have been doing it for at least the last 30 years. Took some practice doing it with scissors but eventually graduated to electric clippers. Very easy really when you cut it short and don't have bristle brush hair.  Here I cut it short every few weeks to stay cool.

Then on to a bath/shower brush which I have been unable to find in Mexico. I brought a plastic one down from the States about 4 years ago but I guess the plastic gets brittle with age.  Dropped it one day and goodbye handle.  Been considering screwing a piece of PCV pipe to it but keep forgetting.  Gonna have to try, maybe tomorrow. Please don't suggest a Loofa which can be found growing in this area.






Now the bath itself.  All summer I had my water heater turned off because either street water or water from the tinaco was warm enough.   Even if a little cool it felt good with the heat.   With the drop in temperatures the last few days the water is getting cooler as well.   Only the pilot light is enough for a 5 minute shower and that's what I did last winter.  Not quite yet .... but thinking about it

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange