Sunday, December 02, 2012

Cambio de la Presidencia

The day the new President takes office happens on December 1st every six year and that day is a holiday.   I was planning to pay my bills at the bank yesterday and of course couldn't.  I tried Friday and the orderly "take a ticket and wait your turn" machine was broken so a line was formed.  The three tellers waited on the same people for 20 minutes ... then a second line started in front of one teller with people just arriving.   The bank managers couldn't be bothered to do any policing so I just walked out planning to pay yesterday.   We'll see what happens Monday

I got some of my car problems fixed while dealing with the bank.   They found a loose steering arm and a bad front bearing.   Bearings are expensive bringing that cost to $1200 pesos.  Mechanic thinks I need to get it aligned and I agree.  A 12 your old car and it has never been aligned.   Monday I have a date with the auto electricians to fix a tail light and the headlight switch.   Poor old car is getting tired and being in the Jova flood did not help at all.

Yet another party last night ... this time a birthday party.   About 70-80 people on the street in front of the house.  The MC was a clown with a powerful music machine.   Lots of games, contests and 3 pinatas.  The two year old who's party it was slept thu most of it.   Drinks, gifts and pozole for everyone.   These parties are open to anyone that happens to pass by.   Well that's my week and back to painting the bodega which is looking much better than the cement grey.

Clown and a game

Girls dancing

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange