Monday, March 05, 2012

Langostino on the beach in Cuastecomate

I'll trade a ride to the beach any day for a fresh lobster dinner. Nine of us total including four kids and two sets of parents piled into my van and headed to Cuastecomate. We went to the restaurant on the far end where Hugo has been working building a deck. They asked me earlier if I liked langostino but I had no idea what was coming. Friends had given them about 10 of these caught the day before. So much better than the frozen ones you get in local restaurants.

We brought everything needed and only had to buy caguamas (quarts of beer) from the restaurant. I bought a bag of those beach toys and the kids made sand castles and figures. Even went swimming even tho the water is a little chilly. Had a beautiful sunset just before we left.

Langostinos a la diabla

My plate

The girls and sunset

2 comments:

Andean said...

Langostino, still don't know if it's some sort of lobster or a prawn or... but the pictured al diavlo dish looks yummy. Had sopa de pescado in La Manzanilla. There was langostino in there, as well many other fish, the broth was delicious, truly to enjoy.

Calypso said...

Yum! Remind me again why we are in Mexico? Gracias.

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange