Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Lizard in the wall

My --kill everything that moves-- cat was checking out a cable drop outlet in the bedroom and making a fuss. I put the cat outside and shortly after heard a noise in that area and saw little feet and a face peeking thru the plastic cover on the cable outlet. I have 3 cable drops on the roof with tubes to pull wire but this one and another are not being used.

Not sure what I would find or how to handle it ... I eventually used a plastic strainer (like mosquito screen), placed it over the outlet and popped off the cover with a screwdriver. Out fell this lizard and I had him pinned up against the wall with the strainer. All I could do at that point was to yell for my neighbors who were in my yard to bring a bucket. In the bucket he goes and gets deposited in the vacant lot next door.

So now 2 of the cable drop boxes on the roof have tape over the holes and the third one still lacks a cover and I never remember to buy one. It will get done this week.

Similar lizard to the one in the wall

Taped cable drop box

Box that requires a cover

2 comments:

John Calypso said...

sparks - I have found little white egg shells about the size of a pea in electrical boxes mounted in our walls - apparently they like those alcoves.

sparks said...

I figured he was there out of curiosity or escaping my cat. He either couldn't or didn't want to climb 3+ meters up that tube again. Hmmmm ... do lizards lay eggs? Google here I come

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange