Saturday, February 16, 2013

Trip to Manzanillo

My main reason to go to Manzanillo last Tuesday was to pick up my new 2 year visa. I had received an email the week before saying it was ready. The new cards are very much like a credit card and do not contain a chip but rather a bar-code. The example below is obviously not me and lacks personal info but gives you an idea.



I stopped at the new Home Depot for a few interior lights and was looking for a replcement bulb for my light/dark sensing security outdoor light. Turns out the replacement bulb costs nearly what the whole fixture with bulb costs. I decided to go with a cheaper one that uses standard bulbs. Much better idea.

Next up to Telcel to replace this cel-modem that I think is pretty flakey. They said the techs would have to check it out and I'd come back in a few days. Decided to buy another and using points I had accumulated on my account paid $100 pesos for it. Would spent more on gas making another round trip.

Then to AutoZone for a windshield repair kit. I have a number of tiny chips but had one larger one that looked like it could spread. I can still see it from the inside but almost invisible from outside. Here's hoping with resin in the chip it will be strong enough to prevent further damage. My kit was slightly different than the video but it seems to be a forgiving process.

1 comments:

sparks said...

Haven't heard a description of any cards yet .... let alone Permanente. I know they are a different color (orange) but more than that?

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange