Sunday, November 13, 2016

They're back



Haven't seen these plant-eating ants (Hormigas) for many months. A couple days ago I saw some damage and we followed their trail of leaves and thought we found the nests in my yard. We put the poison powder on two holes but the next night they were back. This time I found a trail that went out the front gate so they are somewhere out there. Problem now is it's been raining for two days and the powder does not work when it's wet. As soon as the rain stops I'll be out looking for the nest. Good news is plants come back fast here.

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange