Monday, July 30, 2012

Michelada with my first lime

I can't think of a better way to use my first lime than in a michelada.  This particular lime has been sitting on the 'slow' tree for a few months but finally gained enough weight I couldn't resist ... even tho I have a few from my neighbors. The smell and flavor of a newly picked lime is to die for.   My faster tree has probably 100 limes of various sizes.

I prefer a simpler red variety with only a slightly tangy tomato juice like Clamato and lime.  You can make it darker and more flavorful with Maggi, Worcestershire sauce or Chamoy powder.  Some like cilantro, cucumber strips or even a shrimp.  I leave the salted rim routine for when I order in a restaurant.

The worst michelada I've ever had was in Tepozlan, Morelos at the weekend tianguis.  She had a michelada powder mix and just stirred it in but the beer was cold.

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange