Saturday, April 08, 2017

Here they come


The crowds are arriving in buses and cars with luggage strapped to the top. Just a short trip into Melaque this morning and already "ran into" two cars trying to go the wrong way on a one-way street. Went to the bank at 10:30 and there was nobody at the ATM. Yesterday was the last day of school so no more being a bus driver for almost two months. The beaches are probably not full yet because it's early.   Oh, did I say today is the first day of Semana Santa 

My desktop is still in the shop so am learning how to do this on my laptop with Windows 7. Hopefully will get the old computer back but it's old and you never know.  Actually had to call my bank yesterday because the password on this computer and the old one were not the same. They changed the website software to "digital banking" and it totally did not like me until this very nice woman fixed me up. She cut through all the crap I was being subjected to before. A forty minute call to Seattle cost about 30 pesos ($2,15 in dollars), What a relief. 

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange