Tuesday, February 14, 2017

New words last week

paja - hay

Repollo - col - cabbage 

cakies - hot cakes (ka- keys)

Someone on a local message board asked about hay bales to feed a horse. I told them the large animal vet one the highway had them. We went to check and that is where I learned locals call it paja. Loose hay or only bales?

Lorena always calls cabbage Repollo. Col is easier but maybe some day for me.

Lorena knows hot cakes but prefers "cakies". The literal translation is cakes. She made a huge one for me the other day and it was really good.

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange