Friday, May 03, 2013

Dia de la Cruz

Day of the Cross (May 3rd - Today) is a religious day in Mexico but is also a day to celebrate construction workers or like my neighbor says, Dia de los Albañiles or masons.

My neighbors wife has made crosses for my house twice before and since her husband is painting my house now she made another yesterday. I bought the paper and asked if she wanted the cross to work in her house. She suggested my place so I could see how she makes them.  A hot glue gun and little tie wraps hold it together. The fanciest one so far.

Wrapped the old cross to start over

Making the flowers

The fanciest yet

2 comments:

John Calypso said...

We had a major fiesta here in our Hood for Dia de Cruz - surely would have loved to put up that cross amigo!

sparks said...

There was probably something on the Melaque plaza last night ... or on jobs sites in the afternoon. Nothing out our way

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange