Sunday, October 31, 2010

Making a large throw net

Back in Melaque a little more than two weeks and just finished a full two weeks work on the house. Stefan, my neighbor across the street is a fisherman and has been working everyday on this throw net. It's a large one that can only be thrown from a boat and it takes him a month to finish. He's close to finish with this one. He made a small one for my Canadian neighbor but I was under the impression only Mexicans can use throw nets which are considered commercial ??

Stefan also plays guitar and sings and he was over last night serenading us while while the work crew, I and a few more neighbors finished off 3 cubetas of Coronitas (small beers - 24 per bucket). The buckets of beer is a sometimes thing at the end of a week or job.





0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange