Thursday, October 08, 2015

Just had to do it

That was a three level Almendra and if you are familiar with that kind of Mexican Almond tree you know what I mean by three levels. It was almost up to my incoming electric and up against the wall if I didn't keep cutting. Main problem with against he wall was ants like Almendras and they would go up the wall rather than climb the truck of the tree.

The other thing is Almendras are extremely dirty trees and are constantly dropping fruit and leaves.  I've been paying a neighbor to help keep it clean but I'm lucky if they come over once a week and it really needed every other day.

The final problem was local kids like the Almonds and if they were not climbing the tree they were hitting. it with sticks or rocks. Kids falling 3 meters onto the cement sidewalk is not something I need. Then they have to mash them with rocks on my sidewalk to get to the nut.  Tons or work, makes a huge mess and stains my sidewalk purple .... and then they might draw on the wall.

Just called my neighbor Juan with a chain saw and it took him 20 minutes including cutting it up on the ground. BTW .... these Almonds are nothing like North of the Border Almonds I'm used to


No mas Almendra 

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange