What's up with my retirement
The good part ....
- To be able to get away from a job that required stifling the most important half of yourself for security's sake.
- If there's any truth to the saying "You are measured by the company you keep", the door is open once again.
- A chance to think and dream freely if you have any of those molecules left in your/my body.
- It's like returning home because you've been wounded in Vietnam.
- The only absolute project is getting used to living on a more modest budget.
- A chance to share Mexico with friends and relatives when they choose to visit.
The bad part ....
- Nobody else is retiring at the same time you/I are/am.
- Life/living changes can mean moving away from friends and family.
- Family responsibilities that you took for granted have to be re-evaluated if you move.
- This is a sure sign that I won't live forever.
- The paycheck is a whole lot smaller unless you've made some really good moves along the way - and spend a lot of time doing it (seems like I did).
I think the positive wins so far .... hey !
the way we live - the way we die - the wave hello - the wave goodbye
life's a beach - [Jump Tomorrow - movie]
Off to Mexico